Lake Mountain Resort is Melbourne’s closest and most family-friendly alpine destination.
It is also Australia’s premier cross-country skiing resort with over 30km of pristine trails that are suited to beginners, intermediates and experts alike. Backed up by a fantastic day lodge, a great ski school and a designated tobogganing area for kids, the resort provides a fabulous alpine experience for its guests.
- Cross country skiing
- Snowmobile tours
- Snow play
- Mountain biking (only available in the Summer, but the new trails are fantastic!)
- The resort gates open at 7am and close at 6:30pm
- No animals are allowed within the resort
- There is no on-mountain accommodation
- Mobile Phone Coverage is provided by Telstra 3G only.
- Free shuttle bus services are provided from lower car parks.
Finally, the top reasons to visit:
- Lake Mountain is only 2 hours drive from the city, making it the closest alpine resort to Melbourne
- With no chairlifts, visitors only have to pay a trail head fee of $12 per adult and $6 per child to use the XC ski trails. Combined with lower fuel costs this makes Lake Mountain the cheapest alpine resort to visit for Melbourne residents
- Visiting Lake Mountain provides guests with a great opportunity to help Marysville’s economy by enjoying the hospitality of this great town
- Finally the drive through the Yarra Valley, including the famous Black Spur section between Healesville and Narbethong, only adds to a great day out
A mountain of fun all year round – what are you waiting for?
Address: 1071 Lake Mountain Rd, Marysville VIC 3779
Ph: (03) 5957 7222