If my memory serves me correctly, not so long ago most weekends involved at least one family picnic with friends. Is it just me, or does it seem like that delightful distraction from the cares of the world - the family picnic - is losing popularity? We hope not. Anyway, this story may be just what we need to rekindle our picnic spirit.
The Yarra Valley has so many wonderful spots to throw down a rug and unpack the picnic basket and this is certainly one of them. The magnificent Mountain Ash forest and the 200 year old tree ferns are highlights. Not to mention the gentle gurgling of the crystal clear water of the Badger Creek as it tickles the rocks on its way by.The facilities include shingle roof rotundas, picnic tables, landscaped grounds, gas barbecues, toilets and plenty of parking.
- 1 December to 31 January - 8:00am to 9:00pm
- 1 February to end of daylight savings (first Sunday in April) - 8:00am to 8:00pm
- End of daylight savings (first Sunday in April) to 30 April - 8:00am to 6:00pm
- 1 May to 31 August - 8:00am to 5:00pm
- 1 September to start of daylight savings (first Sunday in October) - 8:00am to 6:00pm
- Start of daylight savings (first Sunday in October) to 30 November - 8:00am to 8:00pm